The low humidity and cold temperatures throughout winter, causes the dry air to pull the moisture away from the skin and the dry indoor heat can cause the problem to get worse. The result is dry, flakky and itchy skin, which can sometimes break and even bleed.
Here are some pointers to help you get from winter to spring with glowing fabulous skin.
- Moisturize daily - this may require you making small changes to your skincare routine. Depending on your skin type, you made need to switch out the lotion for a cream or a body butter. If your skin is prone to breakouts, you might want to stay away from petroleum based formulas and instead use products with lipids. If your skin is prone to severe drying out, choose moisturizers that contain humectants or hydrating ingredients (think glycerin, tamarind seed extract), and natural emollients (think plant oils, butters such as mango or shea). You should also moisturize your skin before bed at nights. Our Night time Repair & Rejuvenation Cream offers a good occlusive effect while you sleep, giving your facial skin time to self repair or to naturally reinforce it's barrier while you rest.
Ps: sign up to our mailing list to know when we launch our winter bobdy butter line!
- Cleanse - Use a moisturizing cleanser during the colder months. They are gentle on the skin and washes away dead skin cells without stripping your skin of its moisture or leaving you feeling tight or dry.
- Sun Screen and Sun Protection - Yes even in winter you still need sunscreen! The winter sun in combination with the glare from the snow can still cause damage to your skin. Moisturize with our Day Time Protection Cream and then add on your sunscreen atleast 30 minutes before going out. Our Day Time Protection Cream also features ingredients rich in antioxidants to fight damage from free radicals, offering another layer of protection from the elements.
- Exfoliate - While it might be tempting not to, you should still exfoliate your skin once or twice per week depending on your skin's need. Choose an exfoliant with clay or seaweed that calms the skin while pulling out impurities. Our Gentle Cleansing & Purifying Mask contains the Canadian Glacial Oceanic Clay which removes accumulated toxins and dead skin cells, oatmeal extract that exfoliates and moisturizes the skin and spirulina extract to boost the overall appearance of your skin and decrease inflammation.
- Invest in a Humidifier - With colder days, it gets more tempting to turn the heat up more indoors.But turning the heat up reduces the humidity and creates dry air that damages the skin barrier. With a humidifer, you get to balance the humidity in the air while you sleep and still get to wake up to smooth, soft skin.
Subscribe to our mailing list and follow our social media pages for updates on new product release, sales or giveaways!